[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend Not Starting

Mike Harrison trapperofspam at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 13:05:45 UTC 2006

I am trying to run a remote frontend on Ubuntu 5.10. When I enter the "mythfrontend" command in the terminal window it just outputs one line stating that it is opening a new DB connection and then it just sits there. None of the myth screens come up. I thought it might not have the correct information for reaching the backend so I tried looking for files to adjust settings. I located /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt. I changed the entries for DBHostName and DBPassword to match my settings. Still no luck. Are there other settings that I can try to adjust? BTW, the remote frontend has full internet capabilites and can ping the backend.