[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au: Is there a guide to using the OzTivo grabber script with mythfilldatabase?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 05:43:45 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

Would someone be able to provide an example config file? When I try to
run it I get the following output:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<tv source-info-name="tvguide.org.au and icetv.com.au"
        generator-info-name="XMLTV - tv_grab_au_reg $Date: 2006-07-02
14:34:59 +1000 (Sun, 02 Jul 2006) $"
        generator-info-url="http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xmltv/tv_grab_au_reg.html">

        <channel id="ABC-Qld"><display-name>ABC</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="ABC2"><display-name>ABC2</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="Nine-Mel"><display-name>NINE</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="Seven-Bris"><display-name>SEVEN</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="Ten-Qld"><display-name>TEN</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="SBS-Qld"><display-name>SBS</display-name></channel>

        <channel id="SBS-NEWS"><display-name>SBSNEWS</display-name></channel>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tv_grab_au_reg", line 571, in ?
    main()
  File "./tv_grab_au_reg", line 563, in main
    grab()
  File "./tv_grab_au_reg", line 436, in grab
    grabTVGuideDayChannel(day, channel)
  File "./tv_grab_au_reg", line 323, in grabTVGuideDayChannel
    outputDayChannel(f, channel)
  File "./tv_grab_au_reg", line 308, in outputDayChannel
    for (event,node) in events:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/xml/dom/pulldom.py", line 232, in next
    rc = self.getEvent()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/xml/dom/pulldom.py", line 265, in getEvent
    self.parser.feed(buf)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/xml/sax/expatreader.py", line 211, in feed
    self._err_handler.fatalError(exc)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/xml/sax/handler.py", line 38, in fatalError
    raise exception
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXParseException: <unknown>:1:0: syntax error

I assume this is due to bad configuration on my part, but I can't
quite figure out how..

Andy