[mythtv-users] XvMC Prebuffering Pauses

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 01:10:09 UTC 2006

<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> Which is why its strange.  I've been browsing the
code, putting
> some variable dumps, etc.  In Ringbuffer.cpp, the
1080i is
> a higher estimated bitrate (>18000) and uses a
larger block size,
> the 720p is about 13000, and standard tv is about
10000.
> Also, when played on a faster frontend that is able
to play
> smoothly, the 720p content regularly takes less CPU
load than
> 1080i.  So why is 720p such a problem?

Brian,

I too have had problems with 720p.  It's strange that
the "estimated bitrate" is higher for 1080i as it's
not necessarily the case, in practice.  My reception
(OTA or QAM) of ABC and FOX has the HIGHEST bitrates
(~ 18 mbps to 19 mbps)  NBC is only about 15 mbps and
CBS slightly less.  PBS is a measly 10.5 mbps.

I'll lookup my settings for my FX-5200 based system
when I get home.  I found a setup that minimized the
pauses in my system, but I've found it to be very
dependant on both Myth and FX-5200 setup.

Cal