[mythtv-users] Duplicate Detection and Conflict Resolution Questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 24 23:30:13 UTC 2006

On 07/24/06 18:21, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:

>On Jul 23, 2006, at 18.00, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>[snip]
>

>>Because you didn't set:
>>
>>Reschedule Higher Priorities
>>Move higher priority programs to other cards and showings when
>>resolving
>>conflicts.  This can be used to record lower priority programs that
>>would otherwise not be recorded, but risks missing a higher priority
>>program if the schedule changes.
>>

>Hmm, I always thought that was something done automatically. Thanks
>for the help and sorry about the n00bish question.

It's a good question, and its existence in the archives (along with the
other similar questions posted in the past) makes it that much more
likely that someone else will find (and benefit from) it.
Unfortunately, though, unless you know what's going on, it's hard to
figure out what search to use (because searching for, "duplicate," or,
"conflict," or ... would yield an unmanageable number of results), so
this is one that's hard for people to find on their own.  Therefore, if
nothing else, your question may have helped anyone who's currently
subscribed to the list and who had a similar question but hadn't yet
posted to the list.  In other words, on behalf of anyone who was able to
better configure their system because of your question, "Thank you."  :)

The terseness of my response was not because of the alleged n00bish-ness
of the question, but because it was quick to type.

Mike