[mythtv-users] 2 hour shows not recording 2nd hour

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:50:19 UTC 2006

On 24/07/06, Mito Tranin - Lists <mito-lists at mitopia.net> wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/23/06 22:56, Mito Tranin - Lists wrote:

> Excuse me if this is an easy question, but I've searched google a bit
and
> the archives and I can't seem to find the answer.

When any of my shows,
> which are normally one hour long, has a two hour
episode (usually two one
> hour episodes back to back, as a season finale
or opener, etc) Myth will
> record the first hour, but not the second! At
first I thought it was just
> because of sindication that they only showed
the first hour for some
> reason, but then it happened again when I knew
they showed both hours (I
> know because I actually watched it via a
normal TV). I went to my Myth to
> delete it since I'd already seen it,
and it had only recorded the first
> hour, not the second!

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

> Are you setting start early/end late on the recording rule? Doing so
will
> cause conflicts for back-to-back recordings.

Mike

> Not on this specific recording no, but I have to otherwise as on two of my
> channels that I record on regularly always start their shows about 1.5
> minutes early.  I have it set to 2 minutes early, and sometimes I still miss
> the first portions of the shows.  It is set to not do so however if there is
> another recording that needs to take place... which does work properly as
> sometimes the recordings do not have the early minutes, and those are in
> fact the 2nd ones in back-2-back recordings.
>
> Thanks for the idea though!
> Can anyone think of anything else?  I can't believe I'm the only one running
> into this...

What does 'Upcoming Recordings' show?  It should be obvious from there
whether myth is intending to try and record the second show (I'm
assuming it is a second show rather than 1 long show) and if not why
not.

Maybe it appears from the guide that the two shows are the same?

Or - is your recording rule along the lines of  .. 'Record 1 showing
of this......