[mythtv-users] Static on all channels -- PVR-350

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Jul 24 06:26:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 06:51:46PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/23/2006 04:12 PM, Marc Barrett wrote:
> > I can't get anything but static on all the channels.
> > ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7115
> > ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7127
> Bad install of ivtv.

More likely a bad kernel.  As I pointed out a few days ago, 0.7.0
no longer supplies the saa71* modules, and if you decide to build
your own 2.6.17.6 kernel then you have to enable the "obsolete or
expirimental drivers" switch and then specify that you want the old
v4l1 drivers.  Only then will the saa71* modules be available in
the kernel's config tree.  The odds are pretty good that if you
download a binary 2.6.17 kernel from a distro it's going to use
v4l2 and won't have the required drivers.