[mythtv-users] Static on all channels -- PVR-350

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Jul 23 23:28:19 UTC 2006

On Sun Jul 23 22:51:46 UTC 2006  Michael T. Dean wrote:

>On 07/23/2006 04:12 PM, Marc Barrett wrote:
>> I can't get anything but static on all the channels.
>> I don't totally understand the various frequency table options in the mythtv-setup utility.  There is >us-cable, us-cable-irc, and us-cable-hrc. ... I do know that I used us-cable-hrc under KnoppMyth, and it >worked, and also had to use us-cable-hrc to get a Windows application to work.
>use us-cable-hrc
>
>> ivtv0: Autodetected Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 card (cx23415 based)
>>

>> ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7115
>> ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7127
>

>Bad install of ivtv.

   Those saa modules aren't even used by a PVR-350.  They're for AGP graphics cards.

   I think I've found my problem.  Here's what I did: I picked a channel that I like (History Channel, #60 on my cable), and found the HRC frequency by going to www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html.  I took the frequency, multiplied by 16, which go me 7008.  I then did this:

ivtvctl -r 7008; DISPLAY=":0.0" mplayer /dev/video0

   This worked fine -- I got to see the channel played in mplayer.  This proves my ivtv driver is installed fine.

   I think the problem is with the frequency table data being supplied by DataDirect.  But I really have no idea where that data is stored and how to check it.  I hope someone can help?

-Marc