[mythtv-users] IR reciever on an Origen X15e

Cameron Watt roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 11:23:32 UTC 2006

On 23/07/06, Chris Nicholls <chris.nicholls at swiftdsl.com.au> wrote:

> First I'd like to thank the Mythtv team. Mythtv is now like the
> kitchen....can't do without it!   :)
>
> Second has any one use ...  and got the remote working in this case?
>
> http://www.origenae.com/product_x15e.htm
>
> First I thought Imon then IRman , now stumped
>
> Any thoughts??
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a X11 not X15, but I a pretty sure they use the same IR Receiver.
They use the IR Trans USB modules. The lirc compatible server for the IR
receivers can be found at http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/linux.php

You run the irserver application as a daemon and it provides a LIRC
compatible interface for LIRC applications like Myth. You will also need to
download the IRTrans client to teach the irserver your remote control's
buttons.

Post back here if you have any problems and I will help if I can, what
remote control are you using and what linux distro? I can post my Gentoo
init.d scripts for irserver if you would like.

Cheers,

Roo.