[mythtv-users] copying recordings from one box to another

Dhaval Patel dhaval at patel.sh
Sun Jul 23 03:08:59 UTC 2006

Hello all, I have setup a MythTV system on a PII 450 with a PVR-350 and its working VERY
well. This box is the primary box to record normal programming off my Dish network
subscription.

I wanted to setup another computer in a different room (connected to my wired network).
I want to set this box up as an independent MythTV box with a frontend and backend for
various reasons.

Basically what I want is the following. Each Myth box will record programs that I tell
it to record (I will manage that myself) and store the recorded shows on its own hdd.

Is there an easy way to copy a recorded program from one Myth box to another? I know I
can just copy the file, but I also want to copy the program information so that I can
see it when browsing the list or recorded programs.

Thanks,
Dhaval