[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone using an IR blaster to control several devices?

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 23 02:55:35 UTC 2006

Greg,
I have done something similar to this with a friend's setup. He has two
satellite receivers hooked up to a pvr-500 card.
I simply made the homebrew transmitter with two IR LEDs in parallel.
Each one is stuck to the face of it's own satellite receiver. I had to
change the resistor value to allow more current to the LEDs, but it
works. The receivers are set on different remote codes, so, even though
the same signal goes to both, only the proper one responds.

A powerful LED would work too, if you are not concerned with
interference (ie people walking in between)
A nice way to see IR light is to use a video camera or the viewfinder of
a digital still camera. most CCDs are sensitive to IR

Richard Woelk