[mythtv-users] Replicated MySQL database, dynamic 'master' backend....?

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 23 02:34:57 UTC 2006

Andrew,

I have an idea,

If you can install the mythtv master backend and SQL server on the NAS
computer. Backends can exist without capture cards set up, and it can
still tell the frontend the path to the video files.
Then the actual backend, with capture cards, will be a slave backend,
and it can be woken up only when it needs to record.

Richard Woelk