[mythtv-users] Serial port on Motorola DCT2244 cable boxes

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 22:43:27 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Go Hskrs <gohskrs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/19/06, Derek Meek <thekazan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It also helps to put a big tinfoil cover over the front of the DCT2k
> > boxes - IE so yuo have Box, IR blaster right over the receiver, then
> > huge tinfoil blocking out all intereference (it accepts out-of-band
> > interference when receiving in-band transmissions - crappy crappy CRAPPY
> > IR receivers)
> >

> Interesting strategy, and I can see why you'd have to do that.  (Although
> there's something vaguely unsettling about my cable box wearing a tinfoil
> hat -- maybe that'll mean I can't watch any UFO-themed shows ... 8^)  IR
> blaster arrived today, so I have my weekend project set now.

try calling them up and talking to support and asking. I did that and
got the lady to send the proper commands to enable it even though they
don't normally allow it. I told her I had a bought a used tivo and it
didn't come with the IR blaster but it did have the serial cable, so
she enabled it for me.

I used to have a link to the commands they have to send to enable it,
I found it during a google search ~Jan06. I'll look, but try googling,
I'm sure u can find it.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!