[mythtv-users] Strange playback behavior after installing new graphics card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 22 17:22:50 UTC 2006

On 07/21/06 20:04, Patrick Quinn wrote:

>My old GeForce FX5200 overheated and died and I replaced it with a new
>one, same model but a different manufacturer (Gigabyte).  Ever since
>then, my frontend has been acting up.  Commercial skip no longer
>happens.  There is a delay when I hit the skip button and the video is
>garbled for a second or two (appears to not have a proper keyframe to
>sync to).  Some recordings start 10 minutes in and can't be rewound.

Your recordedmarkup table is corrupt.  To fix:

    1) run the optimize_mythdb.pl script (from the contrib directory of
the MythTV source distribution)
    2) set up the optimize_mythdb.pl script to run in a daily cron job
as described in the comments at the top of the script
    3) run "mythcommflag --rebuild" on /every/ recording for which
seeking doesn't work properly.
    4) if desired, run "mythcommflag" on recordings you would like to
flag for commercials (must be done in a separate step from the rebuild
in step 2)

Mike