[mythtv-users] Lirc's evil twin

Mario Bernard Mario.Bernhard at gmx.net
Sat Jul 22 16:00:17 UTC 2006

I reported a problem having mythfrontend/irexec to wakeup after about 2 hours of inactivity.
I read in this thread about using devinput, so I tried it and worked.
The only negative thing I noticed is that when I press a key continiously it doesn't notice the keypresses until I release the key. Also setting "repeat = 1" didn't fix the problem.
lircd running in nodaemon mode shows all keypresses. Also the input-utils tool "input-events" receives every keypress.
Why do irw, irexec and mythfrontend not see all keypresses or is it only my setup ?
I am using lirc.i386  0.8.1-cvs20060628_60.r from atrpms.

Mario