[mythtv-users] Newbie... Help Requested

White Joe joe.white at consultant.volvo.com
Fri Jul 21 19:51:11 UTC 2006

Don't worry about the sound until it annoys you.  My first mythbox was
cobbled from my geek closet.  It was a P650 with 128MB RAM, an 80GB HD
and onboard sound.  I picked up a PVR-250 with an IR port for $80.  It
ran just fine.  Sound, Video and all.  It ran for about 6 months before
I got the urge to tinker.

Just get a 150lp, a serial IR blaster and a low profile nvidia card. A
lp 5200 if they exist.  Once you get it up and going, then you can think
about spiffing it up.

Joe White