[mythtv-users] Foxtel IQ on Avermedia

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:05:16 UTC 2006

On 7/21/06, Fernando Serto <fernando.serto at memetrics.com> wrote:
> I'll have a look when I get home tonight.
>
> I don't know if this makes any difference, but I'm using the SCART-to-AV
> cable, the one they give when it gets installed, and I'm using the
> yellow (video) with a S-Video adapter that came with my video card. I'm
> thinking of buying a proper SCART-to-S-Video cable from dicksmith if you
> think it would solve my problems.

I think the SCART-to-AV cable is wired for composite video. Try
changing the output setting to composite instead of S-Video. I doubt
that will help though as it's also very likely that the S-Video
adapter for your video card is not wired to actually convert a
composite signal to a S-Video one, it just passes the composite signal
through an S-Video plug (i.e. the video card does the actual
converting).

Even if changing the output setting works you should probably get a
proper SCART to S-Video cable or converter (e.g.
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/P6675) - it
should give a better picture.

Steve