[mythtv-users] MythArchive - Aspect Ratio

Christopher Maines cmaines at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 00:51:45 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Christopher Maines <cmaines at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think upgrading >all< the components that MythArchive uses
> to the latest versions would fix this problem? I have actually already
> done everything described above again after upgrading to the latest
> dvdauthor and ffmpeg, but don't even know if all the other components
> are at the latest revisions. (Just to reiterate, I started out with a
> fresh install of KnoppMyth R5C7 before upgrading via svn to revision
> 10600.)
>
> Chris

Well, I just answered my own question. I discovered my apt-get sources
list was out of date and had no reference to debian-multimedia.org
where the latest versions of transcode and mjpegtools are. I upgraded
those packages and the associated libraries and ran everything through
MythArchive again. It made no difference; I got the same aspect ratios
and the audio was ahead of the video just like before.

Chris

--
Christopher Maines
 cmaines at gmail.com