[mythtv-users] Multi-system newbie.

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Thu Jul 20 18:08:44 UTC 2006

Right, after all initial *bleep*-ups, I now have two systems with tuners.

Cookiemonster: Master backend, with PVR-500, only one video source defined,
named Antenn in preferences, which is the the programming for the standard
analogue channelse here.

In "connections" I have

/dev/video0 (Tuner) -> Antenn
/dev/video1 (Tuner) -> Antenn

Mythbox: Frontend/Backend with PVR-150: And here begins my confusion.

I would like to configure the system so that it "shares" the "Antenn"
definition for its tuner. But how do I define this? Should I still define
the channels in mythtv-setup on mythbox, or should I do it on Cookiemonster?

How will the system "know" that all tuners share the same programming?

Second question: I will also define a video source for my STB on mythbox,
same question there, should I do the settings "as normal" on mythbox, or
need I do some magic on cookiemonster?

Third: mythfilldatabase, only cookiemonster should run this for all sources,
right?