[mythtv-users] Setting tuner type manually

Andy Daniels gutano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:58:13 UTC 2006

Marcus wrote:
> How do I set the tuner type manually to "38"?
> I have a PVR-150, so do I use ivtvctl to do this?

When loading the ivtv module you can pass a tuner parameter:
modprobe ivtv tuner=38

The tuner module should already be loaded before loading the ivtv
module.  On a side note I have used a PVR-150 (MCE) with tuner type 50
with good results, however I do realize there are several variations on
the PVR-150 boards.