[mythtv-users] DVD -> svideo on pvr250

darth vader darth.vader.sl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:41:36 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Kevin Hulse <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> > unable
> > and

> > svideo
> > realize
> >
> >         Have you tried using dvdrip. You should be able to convert
> > small portions of the video just for testing purposes to see if it will
> > drift or not. I've had similar problems trying to transcode PAL content.

Yeah I have tried that.  Thats part of the problem.  I can rip the movies
just fine, but converting them is the
problem.

        If it's going to be a problem it will probably be a problem right
> > away within 10 minutes of the feature starting.
> >
> > [deletia]
> >
> >         ...now I'm curious about how Disney movies will transcode. I've
> > not had any problems with any of my other non-Disney NTSC content.

Disney is the biggest problem.  I have not had any issues with any of the
other content that I have tried to
convert.  Anything recorded off live TV has converted great, hence why I
wanted to try and play the dvd and then
record it in myth, figuring it would then transcode ok.  But several disney
have ripped ok, while others drift.
The Rescuers, ALice in wonderland, and Aaladin are just a few of the ones I
have had problems with.  But Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White, and
Sleeping Beauty have all worked ok.