[mythtv-users] Kubuntu mythtv-setup

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Wed Jul 19 22:46:02 UTC 2006

 > I just installed mythtv in Kubuntu using a package manager. When I run
 > mythtv-setup it says myth cannot connect to the DB.

   Check your database settings it /etc/mysql/my.cnf.  Make sure the "listen"
parameter in that file is set to the right IP address, or 127.0.0.1 if you're
doing a combo frontend/backend from only one computer.  That may be the
problem.

--
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would truly benefit
consumers never occur for the sole reason that they do not coincide with