[mythtv-users] 0.19 - local frontend working great , remote frontend not (localhost:6543)

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Jul 19 16:58:23 UTC 2006

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Phil,
>    Thanks. I am sure you are on the right track. However you have
> uncovered a problem here with MySQL permissions that I'm not
> understanding. I hope you can help.
>
> 1) When I change (using mythfrontend or editing .mythtv/mysql.txt) the
> backend server value in Dragonfly (the backend) from localhost to
> either dragonfly or 192.168.1.55, then local frontend is no longer
> able to connect to the server. Change it back to localhost and the
> local frontend connect.

I think what you need to do is in the settings make sure that 'use a
unique identifier for this frontend' (the wording might be off, but
that's close) is checked, and provide a unique name (preferebly the
hostname) for that frontend. Do this for each frontend, then it will
create separate settings for each frontend, as opposed to trying to
shoehorn each frontend into the same settings. Then you can set the
master backend address/name for each frontend.

Tom