[mythtv-users] Connecting Myth

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Jul 19 01:53:37 UTC 2006

HI all

As yet I have not connected my Myth box to a TV, it is still running on
a 19" PC monitor. So I thought it is time to do so. I just wanted to
check what I should be doing...

I have a Blaupunkt 78cm analog TV with 2 scart connectors & 1 composite
set (video-left-right). I have a nVidia FX 5200 in the Myth box. I am
assuming I connect my TV cable to my digital card and my nVidia to my TV
with a S-Video to Scart cable, Yes? Will this give me sound as well?

I ask as I have a SBLIve 5.1 card in the machine also. It has SPDIF
output but I do not have any SPDIF inputs on my stereo gear, just analog
inputs for. The Live card does have Front & Rear analog outputs. Do I
actually need this card for basic TV recording/watching or would it only
be useful for more "advanced" stuff like connecting to my stereo?

And while I am here, can any Aussies offer an nVidia setting to put out
PAL-B to a 78cm analog TV....?

Cheers
Bruce