[mythtv-users] Sound in recordings and livetv

wouter lists wouter.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 22:42:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a weird problem. I have a X86_64 mythtv setup connected to an
external amplifier via spdif. The line-up is 5.1.

If I use mplayer and play a mp3 file, I have sound on all my loudspeakers.

If I open livetv, I only get sound in the front speaker. If I open the
recorded file in mplayer, I only get sound in the front speaker.

I have used the example file in the mythtv documentation to get
/etc/asound.conf. I'm now outputting to digital-hw. I tried already the
other settings, but that doesn't make any difference.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Wouter