[mythtv-users] Taking MythTV on the road; neither SlingBox nor transcoding is ideal

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jul 18 22:27:47 UTC 2006

On 18-Jul-06, at 3:38 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Unfortunately, I ran into a couple
> of issue that have stumped me for the time being:
>
> * mythstreamtv/mythstreamtv.sh doesn't like spaces in recordings'
>   filenames, and I long ago set up mythrename.pl to automatically
>   rename all my recordings to human-readable format. When I try to run
>   the mythstreamtv.sh command line manully, no amount of using quotes
>   (both single and double) or backslashes in front of spaces helps;
>   vlc thinks each chunk of the recording filename is a separate file.

Easy enough to handle with a wrapper script:

#!/bin/bash

VID=.nospacevideo-$$.mpg

function cleanup {
     rm -f $VID
}
trap cleanup EXIT

ln "$1" $VID
mythstreamtv.sh $VID

add directory names wherever appropriate.

Can't help with the memory corruption but I'm glad you started this
thread. I often travel and thought the only way to watch my programs
was off-hours rsyncing.

- George