[mythtv-users] trouble recording fresh prince of bel-air

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 21:55:29 UTC 2006

> There should be a way of modifying the zap2it information either after
> it is downloaded and before a mythfilldatabase, or after the database
> fill :\
>
> I will try to create my own rules like you did to fix it.
>
> Thanks!
> George
>
> Ivan Kowalenko wrote:

>> [snip]

>> Yeah, but not with Fresh Prince. Just a little while ago, Zap2It told
>> my Myth system that The Office was on at... 7:30p I think. Instead, I
>> got a face full of My Name Is Earl (not that there's anything wrong
>> with that, except my sister was unhappy that she didn't get two
>> episodes of The Office). There was also this fiasco a few months ago
>> where Cartoon Network switched around the air times of Family Guy and
>> Futurama, and Zap2It didn't update their listings for a while. In
>> addition, Zap2It reports South Park as airing at 10:00p, and 10:30p
>> on our local WB affiliate. All other listings report it as 10:05p and
>> 10:35p. I had to manually insert changes into my recording prefs for
>> that channel (now I have two South Park rules).
>>
>> Welcome to the Zap2It world. Sometimes I wish we had DVB and EIT on
>> this side of the pond... *snif*

If the program guide data for a particular channel is offset by a normal
amount (i.e. 15 minutes all the time), then you can account for this in
mythtv-setup.

There's an option that on a per-channel basis, you can change the offset
that is applied before the program guide listings are inserted into the
database.

However, should the times fluctuate, then there is nothing that you can do.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com