[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Video lags behind audio

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 18 20:42:40 UTC 2006

On 07/18/2006 02:34 PM, En Ming Teo wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I am now on the users mailing list.

Thanks.  :)

>I think I found out what causes it. As I watched TV with mythtv, it silently records tv shows to *.NUV files on the harddisk in the background process. How can I turn this off so that I will not have video/audio synchronization problem?

Actually, recording LiveTV can't be disabled (and would prevent you from
pausing, rewinding, or fast-forwarding as you watch, anyway).  However,
recording LiveTV shouldn't be causing issues with a machine of the specs
you've provided (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/214074#214074 ) /if/
we're talking about standard definition (i.e. NTSC or PAL).  (Your CPU
is right on the edge of being able to play back high-definition content
without help, but that would likely cause other problems--not just A/V
sync issues.)

Usually when there's an issue with video lagging behind audio, it
indicates that you're listening to the audio from the capture card
instead of the audio from the encoded video file that you're playing
back.  See http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html .

Mike