[mythtv-users] pcHDTV Not tuning?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 18 17:50:56 UTC 2006

On 07/18/2006 10:48 AM, Derek Meek wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>
>>I'm still having problems with the audio.  I'm hoping to avoid
>>replacing arts with alsa, as previous experiences with alsa were
>>painful - to put it nicely.
>>

>having arts running is not only bad - it can cause problems - mythtv
>uses OSS or ALSA, not arts.

Unless, of course, you specify an audio device of "ARTS:" (no
quotes)--in which case it uses aRts, not ALSA or OSS. ;)

>  arts will just interfere.  turn it off.

This may or may not be true.  I can't say as I haven't (and won't) use
the aRts support (only because aRts isn't what I need--it has nothing to
do with Myth's support for aRts).

Mike