[mythtv-users] Mythtv with Ubuntu AMD64

Chris Edwards chris.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 04:33:43 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm still running an old 0.18.1 setup, but am looking at upgrading shortly.

With my current installation, which is an old version fo Ubuntu
(pre-release of hoary), there was a bug in the pthread part of libc
(on AMD64), which required a patch to mythtv's RingBuffer class. I was
wondering whether anyone knows if the problem still exists? I haven't
seen it mentioned for a long time. If someone could confirm it's no
longer a problem that woudl be great :-)

I think it was the following bug, which has been fixed, but I'm just
hoping ot save myself the trouble if it's not:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/18012

Thanks!

--
Chris Edwards