[mythtv-users] MythArchive - Aspect Ratio

Christopher Maines cmaines at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:44:10 UTC 2006

I (finally) have a working MythArchive from svn revision 10493. Apart from
some strangeness about the menu behavior, everything works okay. However, I
can't set the aspect ratio of either the menus or the recorded shows to my
recorded 4:3 aspect ratio. Since I use xine for playback, I can manually set
the aspect ratios for the recorded shows to 4:3, but all the images in the
menus are stretched out in letterbox format. Unfortunately I can't change
anything on my "ancient" standalone DVD player, so everything there is
letterboxed. There also don't seem to be any selectable mytharchive themes
(with images) that are 4:3. Is there any way around this?

P.S. - The strange menu behavior is that once I select a recording from the
main menu, the menu changes to that recording alone, but I can't move past
this screen. After a few seconds, the menu changes to the chapters in the
recording and all is well after that. I'm using the G.A.N.T. theme.