[mythtv-users] System constantly locks up

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 03:03:37 UTC 2006

> What was at 51 degrees C?  The processor?   256MB is a little cramped, but
> probably not the cause of your lockups.

The CPU was at 51 degrees C.

> A little more detail here would be helpful.   What motherboard?  What
> capture card?  What version of the capture drivers?  Which kernel?

My mobo is a Gigabyte GIGABYTE GA-8I848E-L with a Celeron 2.4GHz CPU.
Video capture cards are 2 Kworld V-Stream Xpert DTV DVB-T PCI cards
which seem to be supported out of the box with kernel
2.6.12-1.1381_FC3 from ATrpms repo. My memory is a single stick LEGEND
256MB DDR RAM 333.

Unfortunately my system froze again last night so I don't think the
acpi settings has done the trick :(

Regards,
Phill