[mythtv-users] wireless frontend?

Mario Bernard Mario.Bernhard at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 19:15:33 UTC 2006

Watch out for those Devolo MicroLink dLAN Hispeed products.
The German Devolo support explains that only 35% is used for data! The rest 65% is protocol overhead: TCP, Ethernet and DLAN Protokolldata.
I tested one year ago the 85Mbps and received much less than those promised 35%.
For the figures below please notice that I live in a two year old appartment. Figures will be much worse when the cabling is old!

It is only usable when the rooms are adjacent or when the modems are in the same outlet. I got a throughput of max. 2.8Mbytes = 30%.