[mythtv-users] ATSC to VBI - CC Option

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jul 14 18:08:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 11:33 -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> I am pretty sure than Daniel implemented the decoding of the ATSC
> captions.  He has so much on his plate right now, that it will
> probably be a while before he spends any more time on it --- Right
> Daniel?

Right.

ATSC captions do have their own font configuration screen. But they
have other problems, mostly having to do with bad options being used
on the transmission side. For instance most channels that demand
captions with clear background don't put an outline on the characters,
like we do with VBI captions. We should have an override that allows
the user to force the outline or a shadow. There are also a bunch of
other little things, this is why ticket #1095 is still open...

I welcome any patches though, I'll find the time for patches... :)

-- Daniel