[mythtv-users] Can a FX5200 drive a Westinghouse LVM-42w2

Marc Infield marc at infielddesign.com
Fri Jul 14 04:40:11 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 6:56 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> Marc,
>> I think the DVI to VGA adapter would work in this case, as the Dual
>> DVI cards acutally have two VGA outputs in them, It is just in a
>> different type of connector. I run a 19" CRT off my GeForce 7800GT,
>> at 1280x960 at 85Hz.
>>
>> I have this in my xorg.conf under the screen section and it works
>> well.
>>
>> Options "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"
>>
>> I will try 1920x1080 at 60Hz later today and let you know.
>
> Not to beat a pretty dead horse, but I think he wanted to use the DVI
> connector, and had to use the VGA one. So he would have needed a VGA-
> DVI adapter, as if he wanted to use VGA the card already had one of
> those.
>
> But if the option to ignore pixel clock limitations works then that's
> the best answer of course.

Dead horse here. Thanks to everyone for all the great input. I am
going to try and get it working tonight. The machine has been getting
pretty heavy use (s-video) so I have to wait for everyone to go to
bed before I mess with it. The kids like to watch the wiggles first
thing so I hope I don't mess thinks up. :)

-marc