[mythtv-users] Isn't the new "innovation" from Intel similar to Myth?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 13 20:35:36 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Mark J. Small wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 22:37, Brian Wood wrote:
>> On Jul 11, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Rod wrote:
>>>     This sounds almost like what the blerb about Myth.. is looking
>>> towards
>>>
>>>     Just read this small page from Intel, and think of how close
>>> they are :P
>>>
>>> http://www.intel.com/viiv/
>>
>> But they seem to be implying that this can only be done with their
>> "Viiv" "technology", and not with anything else.
>>
>> Marketing, pure marketing.
>>
>> The horrible thing is that it will probably work.
>
> Remember when the Intel Marketing Aliens told us that we really
> needed Penitum
> IV's to surf the net properly?  It was veru effective bunk.

Heck, I remember when they tried to convince us that we really didn't
need floating-point division, and actually tried to get us to prove
that we did in order to get an original Pentium with the FDIV bug
replaced.

It's like buying a keyboard with a defective "X" key and having to
prove your name is Xavier before you can get it replaced.

It took me months to get my Pentium-90 replaced with a good one, and
the $999 I paid for the defective original was pretty steep back then.

I've been sort of sour on Intel ever since.