[mythtv-users] Getting into SVN and MythArchive

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:46:02 UTC 2006

Wow, this is the first time I noticed talk of MythArchive (I don't actively
read the list but archive for reference and occasionally pop in for
questions).

So is this compatible with 0.19-fixes?  I assume not (because of the
reference here to waiting for 0.20).

I was thinking about this just the other day.  There is a funny "line"
between videos and recordings that is, to me, a little bit awkward.  For
example, when I stop watching a recording, it remembers where I was.  But
the same is not true for videos (unless I use the Internal player).  Also, I
often want to move my recordings to videos if they are movies.  But then I
lose the commercial skip information.

It is good to see that some of these issues are addressed by MythArchive (
i.e. keeping metadata).  I wonder though, would it be possible to design
this in such a way that if I archive a bunch of shows to DVD and then put
the DVD in my machine that the shows appear in my main MythTV recordings and
videos?  In other words, can the system be smart enough to consider the
insertion of new media as a new additional location to look for videos and
recordings? (and not just as a DVD that I can watch)

That would be really nice.  Just a thought.

All in all, I am very much looking forward to MythArchive!

--
Mike