[mythtv-users] MythDVD

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:50:56 UTC 2006

On 7/12/06, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> I have noticed a couple of differences in my installs on different
> platrforms. Originally I installed Myth on Suse 10.1 , just to see what
> it looked like. When I went to rip a DVD on the Suse box, I was given
> quality options like Perfect, Excellent, Good, Medium & ISO image.
>
> But....on my "live" box, which is FC4, I only get Perfect, Good, ISO image.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows why this is and/or what I need to
> install on the FC4 box to get the same options....
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Are you running 'mtd' in your startup scripts? If not, try running
'mtd' first, then see what options you get.

It's right there in the official mythtv docs -- which are included not
only online but with every install of mythtv

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html

More details in the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MTD

-Ross