[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Wed Jul 12 15:50:38 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/12/2006 10:27 AM, Henrik Gammelmark wrote:
>
>>Henrik Gammelmark wrote:
>>

>>>OK, so I finally gave up on the debian apt packages and compiled it from
>>>scracth - and it works!! Thank you very much David, and thanks for the
>>>configuration files Michael, although I think mine were close to
>>>identical :)
>>
>>Maybe it was too soon to be happy.
>>The remote still works, and all buttons are mapped fine according to
>>irw. However, often I must press ecach key multiple times before I get a
>>reaction - both in MythTV and in the "irw" utility.
>>
>>dmesg reports the following, where the "unknown key" errors occur when I
>>press a key on the remote that it does not recognize.
>>
>>lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
>>lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
>>lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10
>>
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=1
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=0
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=1
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=0
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=1
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=0
>>i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=1
>>
>>What could be causing this?
>

> IR interference (fluorescent lights, ...).
>
> Mike

I just tried to shield the receiver and the remote with a few layers of
cardboard, but with no luck.

Perhaps the kernel is too slow to handle the interrupts? I remember
fooling around with some preemption models, timers and stuff - does
anyone know what the defaults are?

I am also experiencing laggy recordings, so timing of interrupt handling
might in fact be an issue??
I am new to this, so please help me out...