[mythtv-users] Small problems with audio device and teletext

valerio.mariani at hispeed.ch valerio.mariani at hispeed.ch
Wed Jul 12 12:07:36 UTC 2006

Good day, everyone!

      Following your indications, I set up the system in a way that is very satisfying, with radio, teletext and all. I just have a few glitches (I am currently using the svn version from yesterday):

1) When I start the frontend and watch livetv, I have no audio. The output says that something else is using /dev/dsp. If I kill arts (I am using kde), everything works fine. However, is there any way to have it work without killing artsd. Sometimes my girlfriend, who is not computer savy, uses mythtv and doesn't know how to restart the sound server after that, to do something else. I compiled mythtv with the alsa and arts options. However, it still conflicts with arts. When I run the mythtv  setup I only have /dev/dsp or /dev/adsp as options in the sound device selection. If I choose the first, it happens what I described above. If I choose the second, it complains about the device being non-existant, even if it exists on my system

2) Someway teletext pages are available only up to 170 and not more. Is this a bug or is this expected? I understand that teletext support is still experimental

Thank you in advance for your nice help!!!

  Valerio