[mythtv-users] setup problems

Michael creznedmick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:38:39 UTC 2006

Greetings again
This my first attempt to set up mythtv.

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 10:41 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/11/2006 02:58 AM, Michael wrote:
> > Greetings  when running mythtv-setup I get a blue screen with the
> > following error message "could not find file setup.xml". On the next
> > screen I get told to run mythfilldatabase . Below are the output on
> > terminal of each command.
> > 2006-07-11 12:34:01.583 ThemedMenuPrivate: Couldn't read menu file
> > setup.xml
>
> Upgraded from a previous version where you had set the theme to use one
> that's not installed, anymore?  If so, try
>
> mythtv-setup -O Theme=blue

[root at creznedmassage mythtv-0.19]# mythtv-setup -O Theme=blue
Invalid argument: -0
Valid options are:

> If that works, you'll have to use
>
> mythfrontend -O Theme=blue
>
> to start mythfrontend the first time (when you're ready to do so) and
> then use the frontend settings (Appearance section) to change the theme
> to an installed one.
>
> If that's not the problem, check permissions on your theme directory
> (should be /usr/share/mythtv/themes).

[root at creznedmassage share]# chmod -Rv 0777 /usr/share/mythtv/
mode of `/usr/share/mythtv/' retained as 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)

I re-downloaded and installed mythtv but am still getting the same
errors. I have the directory  usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue/, but cannot
find the STREAM.png, setup.xml or maimmenu.xml within it.

Michael