[mythtv-users] IR Blaster without a serial connector?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 22:52:52 UTC 2006

So, would something like this actually work, does anyone have it working:
http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_011.html
Coupled with:
http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html

On their website it claims to work.  I am quite lost on how it
actually works though, it says it doesn't use LIRC, so... how does it
actually hook up with MythTV (which apparently it works with)?

I'll be researching, but if anyone has firsthand knowledge, it would
be much appreciated.

The other "downside" to this option is that at the cost, I might has
well go with a USB-UIRT that does 'double duty' while only using a
single USB port.  Fewer things to "hide".  Hmm...

Thanks!

-Chad