[mythtv-users] Current source for XBOX files?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:54:39 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/06, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anybody know a good source for files from the 0.19-fixes branch?  The
> > torrent only has 0.19 on it, and I'd like to be able to skip
> > commercials while the XBox frontend is viewing a recording
> > in-progress.
>
> Erm... Even 0.18 did that, with the "Realtime Commercial Flagging" option (IIRC)

Yes, unforunately, it's broken in the initial MythTV-0.19 release.

> Personally, though, I'd say run the XBox frontend overnight and have
> it compile 0.19-fixes (Or whatever branch you want). And you can use
> DistCC with your backend box (And any other Linux boxen you have) to
> speed up the process.

Yes, I attempted this once, following the instructions provided on the
MythTV wiki: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN
.  Unforunately, the instructions are a little bit out-of-date, and
when I finally got to the compiling section of the code, I got compile
errors, which I haven't had a chance to post here yet.