[mythtv-users] custom user job

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 10 20:28:04 UTC 2006

On 07/10/2006 01:08 PM, Will Constable wrote:

> I’m not very experienced with scripting for linux, but I’d like to
> create a (fairly simple?) script i can run as a user job. The purpose
> of the script will be to transcode to xvid, the goal of which is small
> file size, and then to FTP the output to a friend’s computer.. this
> way, my friend can logon to mythweb and mark a show he wants from my
> cable to record and run user job 1, and that show will simply be
> delivered to his PC via ftp.

This is not an appropriate location for discussing sharing of video
files. At least in some areas where this list is read (i.e. the US),
doing what you propose would be a violation of copyright law--and
perhaps cable/satellite service agreements and who knows what else.

Now, if you want help setting up a MythTV installation for your friend
to allow him to record his own TV (from his own TV service), this is the
place to ask. :)

Mike