[mythtv-users] scheduling question with 2 tuners on the same channel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 10 20:19:46 UTC 2006

On 07/10/2006 03:16 PM, Guillaume Membré wrote:
> However, I have a question : I'm running 0.19-fixes, I have got
> identical SD Tuner card and I have setup recording so that it starts
> recording 90 seconds before the show and ends 900 seconds after it.
> When I tell myth to schedule two recording following each other on the
> same channel (show 1 from 8pm to 9pm and show 2 from 9pm to 10pm),
> some times I get the beginning of the second show at the end of the
> first one, it depends on the channel and how late they are.
> So, is there a way to tell myth to record the first show on the first
> tuner and the second show on the second tuner ?
> Currently, I setup a manual recording that records both shows and then
> I split the file in two in order to get two entrys in recordings...

Use the start early and end late settings in the recording rule.  Note,
however, that these may cause you to miss another recording (i.e. you
have two back-to-back episodes and want to record something else that
airs during one of the episodes, Myth will only be able to record two of
the three).

If you don't want to add the start early/end late settings to the
recording rule (i.e. for every episode), create an override recording
rule for the one you want to extend.

Mike