[mythtv-users] cannot find tuner in mythtv

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 9 23:42:36 UTC 2006

On Jul 9, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Richard Molby wrote:

> All,
>
> first of all, I'm fairly new to Linux so bear with me as i muddle
> my way
> through this...
>
> I'm following Jarod Wilson's Fedora MythTV documentation and I don't
> quite understand a step... during the MythTVsetup where you setup the
> tuner, is the tuner supposed to show up as a selection (as I am
> assuming
> from the official docs), or do I need to specify the device name
> myself,
> in which cae I have no idea what that may be, where do I find more
> info
> on this is it's available in the docs... BTW, the docs leave a lot
> to be
> desired for...

Not familiar with Jarod's docs so I'll let someone else handle your
primary question.

But I've found the Myth documentation to be better than most Open
Source projects.

Not sure what docs you're looking at, but:

http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInstall

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV

http://www.myhdbox.com/mythtips/

And especially the WiKi at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The last, being a WiKi, it is within your power to do something about
it if you find it inadequate :-)