[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au and mythfilldatabase

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Sun Jul 9 04:08:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:08 pm, Jason Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with tv_grab_au and mythfilldatabase.
>
> I recently upgrade to tv_grab_au 2.10, but despite that data still
> doesn't get entered into the mythtv database.
>
> However tv_grab_au is definitely working, and after running it,
> /var/local/tv_grab_au/guide.xml has valid data in it, but when i run
> mythfilldatabase, it doesn't insert the data into mythtv. but if i
> execute mythfilldatabase and tell it to use the guide.xml file directly,
> it fills the database.
>
> Any ideas why it wouldn't work any more? It used to work in the
> tv_grab_au pre 2.x series.

Problem could be in mythconverg. The chanid in the channel table do not match
the chanid in the program table. Editing the xmltvid url in mythtv-setup
won't always work either. From past experience I have found editing
mythconverg using webmin a quick and easy way to fix this problem. Usually
the trouble starts off when channel xmltvid url is changed and then a new
chanid number is issued and ADDED to mythconverg program table. The channel
xmltvid url must match those outputed by tv_grab_au.
To fix the issue delete all channels and start again or edit mythconverg using
webmin. The columns that are best changed are the chanid in the channel table
and must match those chanid in the program table.

Darren
--
Peace Bro