[mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I Missing?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 03:48:48 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 22:54:52 -0400
> From: "Jake Thompson" <jake at jakethompson.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I
Missing?
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
<8dd7baa90607071954t42c8745at3d20946b6164ff98 at mail.gmail.com>

> and just so I can confirm I am not crazy here is the
fedora
> announcement for
> 2111 FC5

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2006-May/msg00043.html

Jake,

I found the FC5 1.2111 update, but it didn't help.
Thanks for verifying it exists!  I guess the mirrors
drop some of these updates, but I googled for it.

I just discovered that I'm dealing with two problems.
On 1080i playback, disabling the audio results in
super smooth playback.  If the audio is enabled, there
are frame drops (as reported by the -v playback option
too) but most people would find it watchable.

The severe audio skipping in 720p is due to myth
playing the video at 30fps when it should be 60fps!
It throttles the audio to keep it in sync.  I've found
other reports of this behavior but I'm still googl'ing
for a solution.

Thanks for all your help and enjoy your skip free
audio!

Cal