[mythtv-users] DUH-Not understanding IR-receiver and remote interaction. Help on that?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 02:04:57 UTC 2006

On 7/8/06, Mark <list at onnow.net> wrote:

>  I am not understanding lirc and some things. Perhaps someone can clarify.
>
> I have a PVR150 with a working stock remote.
> I want to use an all in one remote or some other programable remote.
>
> Now what I dont get:
>
> The IR Receiver should be able to use any remote that is IR right?

No.  If you're talking about a PVR-150 (as opposed to a PVR-150 MCE),  the
IR receiver will only understand signals from a remote that uses the RC-5
protocol.

When I have a generic remote, what should I set it to for a device?  Eg.
> VCR-Philips or what?

I'd suggest you read here:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-December/022947.html

Carl Fongheiser