[mythtv-users] Watch out if using uk_rt listings to record Law & Order (inc spin-offs)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jul 9 01:25:45 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/08/2006 07:05 PM, Nick wrote:
>> Seems this has quietly bitten me two weeks in a row now. The Radio
>> Times/uk_rt listings almost always title Law and Order as "Law and
>> Order" and as such my regular rules use this title (with the same use
>> of 'and' instead of '&' for the 2 continuing spin-offs).
>>
>> However, on the day of transmission (i.e. earlier today) they have
>> twice switched the title to "Law & Order" - which is really the
>> _correct_ title - and so the rule fails to schedule the recording.
>> I've created a second rule to cover both possibilities, but not for
>> SVU - and so I missed the earlier showing.
>>

> Sounds like a perfect use for custom recording rules:
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.5  :)

Actually, if you want all the series, this could be a simple
kTitleSearch for "Law % Order".

+-----------------------------------+
| title                             |
+-----------------------------------+
| Exiled: A Law & Order Movie       |
| Law & Order                       |
| Law & Order: Criminal Intent      |
| Law & Order: Special Victims Unit |

A Title Search will add the "%" to the beginning and end but you
can also include them in your own string. However, If you want just
the original series for either "Law & Order" or "Law and Order" and
not the others, then you would need a custom rule for:

program.title LIKE 'Law % Order'

For just the spin-offs:

program.title LIKE 'Law % Order: %'

--  bjm