[mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I Missing?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 00:54:47 UTC 2006

> Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:44:17 +0100
> From: Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I
Missing?
> To: Discussion about mythtv
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
delsp=yes; format=flowed

> Hey,
>
> I have pretty much the same setup as you, (identical
audio card
> atleast) and I too had a skipping/stuttering problem
that I couldn't
> resolve. I've just switched from XvMC to Standard
(ffmpeg) and that's
> fixed it all for me
>
> It's a shame not to be able to use XvMC, however I'm
actually finding
> playback to be a little smoother with the standard
ffmpeg decoder.

> Weird how an audio problem can be fixed by switching
off XvMC huh?

> Out of interest, what mobo are you using?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ben

Ben,

I have an ECS P4M800Pro-M.  It was only $50 with a
2.53 GHz Celeron D on a Fry's mobo special.  I figured
it would be fast enough with XvMC acceleration to be
dedicated to HD-PVR duty.  Thanks for the tip, but it
doesn't seem to solve my stuttering--even when I
install a faster 3.2GHz / 2M P4.  Maybe I'll stumble
upon some magic configuration and combination of
settings one day.

Thanks,
Cal